The Oral Solid Dose Value Stream Technical Training Specialist (TTS) role is a liaison between the production work teams and other enabling support teams with the primary focus to be on troubleshooting packaging line down time, troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance, training, and operational excellence systems development for the OSD packaging area. A skillset required to be successful in this role is the ability to interface with equipment HMI’s and the associated mechanical response of the equipment to form a quality package. This role is a supportive role for the Packaging Specialists.
The job includes establishing and improving processes by using lean thinking and lean manufacturing applications for their respective shift. The TTS role will initiate and lead efforts in root cause problem solving and implementation of effective corrective/preventative actions by using Lean tools such as: M1 problem solving, Zoetis Human Performance Analysis, Process FMEA, and systematic trouble shooting.
The TTS will demonstrate leadership through working with key enabling functions in Plant Engineering/Maintenance, Quality, Production Scheduling/Planning, Procurement, and Technical Services. They will partner with the 2nd shift TTS on projects and will also work alongside the production work teams to ensure that applicable safety guidelines/policies are followed and that all tasks are performed in accordance with appropriate processing standards such as FDA Good Manufacturing practices (GMP). The TTS is expected to work as a Packaging Specialist to cover for vacations or any gaps in staffing at the Team Leads request.
- Ensures that all EHS inspections and logs are accurate, compliant, and up to date. Supports B248 Safety Committee Team as requested.
- Able to initiate and facilitate problem solving and training sessions.
- Coordinate and/or perform On the Job Training (OJT) including maintaining documentation to support.
- Tracks OEE and initiates improvement projects to increase OEE (reduction of micro stops, changeover reduction initiatives, etc.)
- Continuous learning of OpEx programs, systems and tools.
- Coordinate Preventative Maintenance shutdowns and activities with the Maintenance team.
- Ensure that Maintenance logs are accurate and complete.
- Ensure that Operator Care is performed to plan and documented accurately.
- Initiates and tracks green tags/work orders.
- Knowledgeable with EBR PAS/X system and able to assist in troubleshooting.
- Able to cover Packaging Specialist vacations or any gaps in staffing
- Able to perform other duties as required.
Required skills, education, and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Basic math and reading comprehension.
- Effective communication and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and make minor repairs on production equipment.
- Mechanical reasoning skills that will be essential for troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of GMPs and production practices.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement work environment; 5S, visual schedule, PDCA, M1, etc.
- Ability to train on area SOP’s/OJT’s- equipment, process, paperwork
- Experience in working with Tech Writer creating and maintaining training documentation
- Experience in manufacturing Oral Solid Dose (OSD) i.e. Tablet products
- Cleaning, set up, and troubleshooting of equipment; Blending, Granulation, Tableting, and Coating.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows based applications.
Physical and Time requirements
- Routine lifting of 20-50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Flexible hours and overtime required (A/B rotation).
- Expected to respond to off-hour phone calls
- SHIFT: 10:00pm-6:30am