LI Title: PSD Mobilizer
Evangelist John Mott once said, “It is possible for the most obscure person in a church, with a heart right toward God, to exercise as much power for the evangelization of the world, as it is for those who stand in the most prominent positions.”
Would you like to help find and equip ordinary people to impact the world for eternity? As a supported* Mobilizer, you would identify, inform, engage and invite Christians to a decision towards serving in Bible translation.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: anywhere in the United States
We are especially looking for people who live in south central Texas (Houston or Austin), south central Oklahoma, Portland, WA, southwest California, Pennsylvania, or other strategic locales. However we have openings around the country. Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! We combine a virtual and in-person strategy to reach a wide audience demographic. One day you might organize and produce recruitment events for college campuses and churches. Another day you might help host a webinar or send campaigns through virtual platforms. Yet another day you might team up with other departments to identify areas of the world to fill their needs for workers.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and are passionate about global mission work.
- You have a 2 year degree and/or equivalent experience in marketing and sales.
- You connect well with people.
- You’re an excellent communicator whether with audiences or one-on-one.
- You’re comfortable using technology and social media.
- You are willing to do some limited travel to share opportunities in Bible translation with people.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have customer service experience.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.