Literacy & Education Specialist
Author and artist Edward De Waal once said, “With languages, you are at home anywhere.”
As a supported* LEAD Asia literacy and education specialist, you will have the opportunity to partner with communities and organizations to carry out various literacy projects by providing leadership and expertise through program design, supervising orthography development and distribution, conducting writer’s workshops and more.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: North Carolina, preferred, remote possible
Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! From participating in multilingual education programs to overseeing teacher training, literacy and education specialists are able to be a part of revolutionizing communities.
This job might be for you if…
- You have a bachelor of arts degree in education or equivalent experience.
- You have a working knowledge of literacy education.
- You have a good understanding of language and culture acquisition, sociolinguistics, orthography, phonetics, phonology and cultural anthropology.
- You have a good understanding of the content of the Literacy Megacourse or its equivalent.
- You know how to use appropriate advanced software for literacy tasks such as primer construction, shell book construction and desk-top publishing.
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification).
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous multicultural experience.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.