Author and entrepreneur Seth Godin once said, “The librarian isn’t a clerk who happens to work in a library. A librarian is a data hound, a guide, a sherpa and a teacher. The librarian is the interface between reams of data and the untrained but motivated user.”
As a supported* library director, you will have the opportunity to provide leadership and management of resources as you anticipate and deal positively with changes that come in higher education, scholarly communication, curriculum and facilities.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Dallas, Texas
Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! Library directors do everything from developing and communicating appropriate policies and procedures to leading the library in the accreditation process and overseeing collection development for a unique library.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification).
- You have experience in managing a library automation system.
- You have a MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited school.
- You have at least two years of professional library experience, preferably in an academic or mission setting.
- You have knowledge of operations and management of an academic library.
- You have expertise in cataloging at a level appropriate for an academic library.
- You have a high level of competency in MS Office products.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have understanding and/or experience in one or more areas of the curriculum.
- You demonstrate a high level of adaptability to lead the library into the future as Dallas International develops.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.