LI Title: IT Support Specialist
Author David Warlick once said, “We need technology in every classroom because it is the pen and paper of our time, and it is the lens through which we experience much of our world.”
How would you like to use your expertise to impact not only someone’s education, but also eternity?
As a supported* IT support specialist, you would work for an accredited, graduate level institution. Our students serve world-wide in the areas of Bible translation, ethnology, literacy, Scripture use, language survey, sociolinguistics, language acquisition, descriptive linguistics and cross-cultural service.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Dallas, Texas
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is worthwhile! You would train in both administrative and language applications, write and maintain computer programs, test and repair computer equipment, install new components into existing systems, and advise on present and future computer applications. You would also support users in hardware maintenance, component swapping, network support, email use and administration, and publishing papers.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have a working knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office.
- You have a working knowledge of the Internet, web authoring, developing, and supporting web sites and XML.
- You have a working knowledge of linguistic programs as well as a basic understanding of the linguistic foundations of these programs: Translators Workplace, SIL Converters, Speech Analyzer, Phonology Assistant, and Field Works.
- You have good interpersonal, problem solving, and administrative skills.
- You’re able to teach novice users with patience while also possessing a teachable attitude.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.