LI Title: INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Pharmacist
Hippocrates once said, “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” How would you like to use your experience in the medical field and love for people to impact the world for eternity?
As a supported* pharmacist, you would provide quality medical care to SIL members and employees to help further the work of Bible translation in Papua New Guinea.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea
Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is worthwhile! Some of your responsibilities would include:
- Compounding and dispensing prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care.
- Directing pharmacy workers and supervising all pharmaceutical storage areas, maintaining established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Answering questions and providing information to patients on drug interactions, side effects, administration, and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Supporting physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other staff members by researching current treatment guidelines and other clinical issues.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate data on all drugs on hand and patient prescription information.
- Acting as a liaison between the IT department and the Clinic regarding system issues.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have a Pharmacy Doctorate or equivalent terminal degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy (BS Pharm or M.Pharm degrees with 10-year work experience also acceptable).
- You are currently licensed in your home country.
- You are knowledgeable in computer applications that support pharmacy research and documentation.
- You work well on a team.
- You are flexible and willing to learn.
- You’re able to, with sensitivity, relate and communicate cross-culturally.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have three years of pharmacy experience.
Ukarumpa Clinic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJQyhmBq8LU
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.