Frederick Douglass once said, “Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” When was the last time you helped set people free for eternity?
As a Literacy Worker with the Roma people, you will help a people group toward wholeness through literacy and education, including reading the Scriptures.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language and form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Mediterranean
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What Might You Do?
Every day is different! One day you might research and observe local and regional education situations.Later you could advocate for and develop basic literacy activities and materials. Another day you would assist in adult informal learning situations.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have a deep concern for marginalized children and adults who are challenged with literacy barriers and other forms of exclusion, resulting in low self-esteem.
- You are always learning and enjoy being mentored.
- You love listening to people’s stories.
- You are tactful, enjoy people, and understand sensitive situations.
- You enjoy involving groups in fun learning activities.
- You are respectful toward other cultures and religions.
- You’ve earned an undergraduate degree or have equivalent experience.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous cross-cultural experience.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.
Pos ID: 56151 REF ID: 30810 Gary