Benjamin Franklin once said, “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
As a High School Mathematics Teacher, you will have the chance to involve an amazing group of kids in the world of mathematics—and impact eternity at the same time!
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Important Note: In becoming a member of a faith-based organization you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
Without a high quality secondary school, many of the families involved in Bible translation in West Africa would have to leave for the sake of their children. By providing crucial teaching, you impact thousands of lives—including the hundreds of language communities still waiting for the Bible! In addition, this school serves a number of Cameroonian students, who are the future leaders of their country.
What might you do?
Every day is exciting! One day you’ll prepare lessons in Precalculus and Calculus to introduce your students to the wonderful world of math. Another day you will meet with parents to help figure out a plan for their child’s learning assistance needs. You’ll participate in reviews and interviews, creatively care for your classroom, and cheer on your students in school sports!
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You are excited about math!
- You love kids and are passionate about caring for their minds, bodies, and souls through a Christian education.
- You flourish in a cross-cultural, family-type atmosphere and in helping high school students navigate cross-cultural challenges.
- You are a problem solver, flexible and a team player.
- You’ve spent at least one year as a teacher and hold current teaching credentials.
- You’re organized and able to maintain records and reports.
It’s a bonus if…
- You’re willing to teach other subjects, such as Natural Science or Physical Education.
For more information visit www.rfis.org
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
REF ID: 31052a Chuck