INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: ESL Teacher
They say “education is the key to success in life” – but what happens when there’s no teacher to educate?
As an ESL Teacher, you will have the opportunity to open doors for students and empower them through English education.
Today, over 2,100 people groups, 114 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language, and we urgently need you to join the team.
Job Location: Ukarumpa, Papua New Guinea
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What Might You Do?
Without a high quality school, many of the families involved in Bible translation in Papua New Guinea would have to leave for the sake of their children. By providing crucial teaching, you will not only impact these 150 children and their families from 14 different countries, but also the 300 language communities in Papua New Guinea still waiting to receive the Bible!
Every day is different! One day you might meet with parents to help figure out a plan for their child’s learning assistance needs. Another day you’ll participate in reviews and interviews, maintain records, and cheer your students on during the annual Sports Day races.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have a valid ESL teaching license and have at least 1 year experience.
- Enjoy working with kindergarten through high-school age youth and can empathize with the adjustment of cross-cultural situations.
- You love working within cross-cultural settings, modifying instruction to meet specific needs, and helping students to understand differences.
- You are creative in adapting instructional methods to different learning styles.
- You’re open to using technology.
- You may teach more than one subject or grade level.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous multicultural experience.
For more information visit: http://www.ukarumpainternationalschool.org and http://pacificbible.blogspot.com/2013/03/teach-at-ukarumpa-international-school.html
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pos ID 12510 REF ID 31745 Wendy