INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Elementary School Teacher
Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
As an Elementary School Teacher (grade 1-6), you will help your students change the world!
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Without a high quality school, many of the families involved in Bible translation in West Africa would have to leave for the sake of their children. By providing crucial education, you will impact both the lives of dozens of missionary families as well as hundreds of language communities still waiting to receive the Bible.
Job Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has similar open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What might you do?
Every day is different! One day you might creatively lesson plan. Later you could supervise the playground. Another day you will meet with parents to help figure out a plan for their child’s learning assistance needs.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You love kids and are passionate about caring for their minds, bodies, and souls through a Christian education.
- You are a problem solver, and the thought of adapting educational programs to meet the needs of multiple nationalities excites you!
- You flourish in a cross-cultural, family-type atmosphere and in helping elementary students navigate cross-cultural challenges.
- You have a valid teaching credential or equivalent and have taught for at least one year.
- You’re organized and able to maintain records, reports, and even teach multiple grade levels in one classroom.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous multicultural experience.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/TheGreenhouseFES/