Journalist Flora Lewis once said, “Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things.”
As a supported* diaspora specialist, you will have the opportunity to help engage refugee, migrant, immigrant or otherwise displaced communities in ways that effectively serve these communities and further Scripture access, language development and knowledge sharing.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Global
Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! From researching special needs and opportunities among diaspora populations to linking with primary agencies and churches actively involved in diaspora ministry, diaspora specialists help diaspora populations to engage with strategic Bible translation, Scripture engagement and language development efforts.
This job might be for you if…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification).
- You are perseverant, patient and willing to work with and integrate differences in approach and perspective.
- You commit to working in partnership wherever possible and appropriate.
- You display cross-cultural sensitivity.
- You have a demonstrated ability to gain and build trust.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous cross-cultural experience.
- You have previous experience in a diaspora ministry.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.