Assistant for the HR Senior Director
Harry S. Truman once said, “Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.”
As an executive assistant and HR coordinator, you will have the opportunity to support Bible translation by providing high-level administrative support to the senior director, performing HR duties and working closely with management in areas such as staff relations and conflict resolution.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Orlando, FL, onsite
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! From coordinating meeting schedules, travel arrangements, and logistics for the senior director to performing customer service duties and researching, compiling, and analyzing data for special projects, executive assistants use their skills to keep the company moving forward. One day you might archive and organize records, represent the senior director in meetings, keep apprised of HR laws and trends, and make recommendations for updates. Later you would serve as a point of contact for staff management issues or requests and assist the senior director with any investigations. You may also coordinate end of assignment processes for staff, produce summaries, timelines and growth plans and facilitate communication between the senior director and stakeholders.
The minimum hourly rate for this position is $20.00 per hour. The final offer will be considered based on the level of experience and skills for a successful candidate.
This job might be for you if…
- You have a bachelor’s degree plus three years of high-level administrative conflict resolution, and / or human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- You have a solid understanding of human resource management practices, policies, and principles.
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification).
- You work in a conscientious, consistent, confidential, and thorough manner.
- You have excellent communication skills by phone, email, and in person.
- You deal with issues proactively and make decisions without seeking unnecessary help or advice from others.
- You prioritize, plan, and adjust work activities, ensure optimal use of resources and develop realistic action plans.
- You balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views and and recognize the accomplishments of other team members.
- You are committed to understanding and meeting the needs of internal and external customers in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner in order to serve them well.
- You accept feedback and responsibility for your own actions and follow through on commitments, reporting to work, and meetings on time.
- You are proficient in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, and databases.
- You are able to use the internet for research purposes and you have knowledge of electronic recordkeeping systems like Workday.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have a related certification such as SHRM-CP or HRCI PHR.
- You have nonprofit ministry experience.
- You are bilingual in English and Spanish.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.