COVID-19 Update: The WFPG is currently transitioning back to in-person operations. All intern applicants for spring 2022 should plan to be available in-person if selected for an internship.
It is crucial to ensure that women’s voices are heard and women leaders are fully engaged on key policy decisions. At WFPG, we advance women’s leadership and highlight their contributions through international issues programs and mentoring. We believe that through highlighting women leaders in foreign policy, we provide important role models for the next generation and create a vital network of women from different sectors, generations, and backgrounds.
WFPG interns work as part of the WFPG team and are given the opportunity to improve their knowledge of international issues, learn how a small non-profit organization operates, and connect with accomplished women working in international affairs. Part-time internships are unpaid or for college credit. Full-time interns who commit to 3.5 months (15 weeks) are eligible for a $1000 stipend upon completion of the internship.
WFPG is looking for a specialized intern to focus on raising WFPG visibility and maintaining its digital presence. The communications intern works closely with the executive director on the WFPG’s website, social media, quarterly digital newsletter, and print materials, as well as collaborating with programs interns on programming and event research. While some interns join us with previous web and social media skills, we also welcome applicants with an interest in developing these skills through their internship.
- Design and prepare event invitations and webpage in advance of each event or new initiative
- Maintain a strong social media presence across platforms and develop campaigns for WFPG programs
- Draft content and layout for WFPG newsletters, mass email campaigns, and print materials
- Research foreign policy topics and prepare briefings for WFPG’s global issues programs
- Write articles and event summaries for WFPG website
- Coordinate with programs interns on event preparation and provide day-of support at events, including photography and social media
- Attend and represent the WFPG at external events
- Make updates to the website as needed, including posting submissions to the WFPG Voices blog, updating the homepage with recent events and news, etc.
- Support WFPG team on with additional projects and initiatives as assigned, including our annual fundraiser, Celebration of Women Diplomats and Guide to Women Leaders
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a Bachelor’s or Master’s program
- Demonstrated knowledge of foreign affairs
- Keen eye for design and detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to interact effectively and professionally with a diverse range of people
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Previous experience with HTML coding, design programs like Canva, photo editing, or managing club or office social media accounts is helpful, but not required
- Available for a minimum of 3 days per week in spring/fall or 4 days per week in summer
- Eligible to work in the United States. The WFPG is unable to sponsor visas.
Interns have the opportunity to:
- Network with mid- and senior-level professionals from across the international affairs field
- Develop and hone professional writing, communication, and design skills
- Learn more about a wide range of international issues and the operations of a small non-profit
- Participate in career development, Young Professional Network roundtables, and mentoring initiatives
- Attend and cover external events at the State Department, think tanks, and embassies
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2022. Our deadline for spring is December 17th. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com