Under the direction of the Senior Technical Support Manager, the User Support Analyst provides first-level technical support assistance to the firm’s attorneys and staff. The User Support Analyst possesses an understanding of the firm’s core applications and systems and uses the firm’s ticketing system to log technical support requests, maintain records, perform research, and document resolutions. This is an entry-level position for recent graduates with a Computer Science degree or related discipline.
- Provide first-level technical support and assistance to the firm’s attorneys and staff, both remotely and on-site, and respond to requests received via phone, e-mail and/or in-person
- Diagnose technical issues through discussion with the user and take appropriate steps to research, troubleshoot, and resolve the issue
- Document and follow appropriate escalation procedures for support tickets that cannot be resolved in a timely manner
- Document all user support requests and tickets, maintain records of tasks, and capture final solutions in the on-line help desk system, IQTrack
- Provide regular status reports and updates to the user throughout the life of an issue or request
- Assist with processing shipments of assigned and returned equipment
- Assist with provisioning and configuring end-user hardware, software, and peripherals as requested
- Track asset information associated with the distribution of laptops, desktops, monitors, printers, and mobile devices from the firm’s equipment inventory
- Provide floor support to members of the firm as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
- Position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
- Position requires that the employee be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read information.
- Frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear
- Ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
- Ability to organize workflow and use time efficiently
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Must maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
- Ability to adhere to firm security policies and ISO compliance controls
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing deadlines and priorities
- Understands and adopts the organizational structure
- Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
- Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation and flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking, and accessory equipment
- Experience with Windows operating systems, document management systems, Adobe Suite and a general understanding of local/wide area networking
- Support experience with PC and laptop hardware
- Experience with mobile device troubleshooting and mail configuration
- This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description as other duties may be assigned.
**Wiley is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.