White Oak Global Advisors, LLC (“White Oak”) is a private credit investment manager with approximately $6.2 billion* of assets under management. We provide highly structured senior secured loans, equipment financing, and working capital financing primarily to non-sponsored, middle market, and smaller middle market companies. We are industry agnostic, with a deep fundamental investment process, and work closely with borrower management and industry experts during the underwriting process and throughout the life of the loan. Our hold size is approximately $20 million to $150 million, and we are typically the sole or controlling lender and administrative agent for the deals we invest in. White Oak has twelve affiliates with offices in several U.S. cities, Asia and Europe. This position is with the White Oak Healthcare Partners HUD division and is located in Cleveland Ohio.
*AUM is unaudited and estimated as of October 1, 2019 and is based on fund and managed account NAV’s plus uncalled capital commitments and subscriptions.
Summary Job Description:
· Interns have the unique opportunity to join a talented and growing team of investment professionals focused on the healthcare sector.
· Interns will gain direct deal experience across the investment lifecycle, including origination, underwriting, and portfolio management activities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in essential functions that include the following:
· Generate overviews of the company, industry, and competition.
· Build financial projection models and conduct valuations of mid-market healthcare companies across multiple subsectors.
· Develop an understanding of the various business and market risks for a company. Incorporate understanding into cohesive content for investment memorandums.
· Perform ad-hoc analysis for portfolio accounts and new deal opportunities.
· Present work product to deal team members in a manner that succinctly summarizes the key issues of the opportunity.
· Share credit risk concerns and mitigating terms while clearly articulating complex issues and concerns.
· Develop working relationships with underwriting, origination and portfolio teams.
· Recommend and implement new and existing methodologies that create or simplify processes.
· Maintain 100% compliance with internal White Oak compliance programs.
· Third year (“junior year”) pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Healthcare Administration.
· Fundamental understanding of and interest in financial markets and the healthcare industry.
· Self-starter with strong initiative and desire to learn. Positive team player with a “can-do” attitude.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Ability to create presentation materials using PowerPoint and Excel.
About White Oak Healthcare Finance, LLC
White Oak Healthcare Finance, LLC (WOHCF), an affiliate of White Oak Global Advisors, LLC is a lender to all subsectors within the healthcare industry including healthcare services, pharma and life sciences, medical devices, healthcare technology, healthcare real estate, hospitals, and SNFs. WOHCF offers a differentiated product set including cash flow term loans, asset based loans and ABL stretch facilities, unitranche facilities, last out financings, real estate financings, equipment financings, and opportunistic investments.