OPEN INTERVIEWS!! Contact Tom Brady at 412-458-6434 to discuss the position and schedule an interview!
A survey was done by a group of Wesley Family Service employees on the Top 10 Reasons to work at WFS. Some of the top responses were:
- Supportive relationships with Supervisors who promote professional growth
- Vast opportunities for learning and the encouragement of diversified skill set
- Licensure and Tuition assistance, plus free parking at all locations.
- Some of the most advance technology in the Human Services field
- Flexibility and family oriented employer. Excellent Home/Work balance.
- Communication/transparency between front-line staff and leadership.
- Teamwork and cohesive relationships promoted and supported among colleagues
Position Summary: Family Therapist
We are currently looking for Bachelor or Master level Family Therapists for our Family Based Program. These positions provide intensive, family focused, mental health services within homes, schools, and communities to children and their families to prevent out-of-home placements. We provide services throughout Allegheny county (we also have positions available for Westmoreland county).
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Conduct initial intake; assess child and family risks, child and adult mental health, and family development.
- Understand family functioning, recognize family strengths, and assess family needs.
- Help families identify their strengths and coping mechanisms and work with families to resolve family problems and prevent future crises from occurring.
- Conduct individual, couple and family therapy sessions (utilizing family systems theory and techniques) to understand and address the family’s concerns and to support the necessary changes.
- Establish, implement and maintain treatment objectives through a devised treatment plan for each family in assigned caseload.
- Interact with Juvenile Court, Children and Youth Services staff, mental health professionals, school officials and other cooperating agencies to secure additional support services for clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, or Psychology or related degree.
- Minimum of one year direct counseling experience in a child serving system/agency. Master level must have at least two years. Due to state regulations, internship experience cannot be counted.
- Act 33/34 & FBI Clearances
- Valid Drivers License
- Access to properly insured motor vehicle and a safe driving record
- Medical, Dental, and Visions plans with low employee contribution rates
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days within your first year of employment (accrued per pay), increases to 20 PTO days after first year, then continues to increase based upon years of service
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan – Employer match is 100% on the first 3% that you contribute. Then you receive 50% employer match on the next 2%.
- Short term and long term disability (employer paid)
- Paid mileage
- Tuition Reimbursement for continuing your education
- Licensure Supervision for FREE!!!
- Pet Insurance
How to Apply: Apply through Handshake. You can also find additional information and apply on our website at https://wfspa.org/careers.
Positions listed as: Therapist I or II – Family Based
Equal Opportunity Employer