Logistics Specialist – Sales Trainee
Werner Enterprises, founded by CL Werner, has kept America moving since 1956. Among the top five largest truckload carriers in the U.S, Werner offers coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia, with its global headquarters located in Omaha, Nebraska. Why Werner? The answer is simple, the culture! We ensure safety and employee retention are at the forefront of our business. With 13,000 employees, Werner offers many benefit packages with 401(k) matching, an employee stock purchase plan, health and dental insurance, and so much more to qualifying employees! Employee engagement is encouraged and welcomed through personal and professional growth, collaboration, company sponsored events and more! What are you waiting for? Join Team Blue!
Your road to success starts here at Werner Enterprises. Join the company that has kept America moving for more than 60 years. As a Logistics Specialist, you will be part of our world-class logistics team, delivering capacity solutions to transport customers’ loads using Werner’s extensive network of alliance carriers. If you consider yourself as independent, decisive, a strong negotiator and an outstanding communicator, this is the career for you!
The Logistics Specialist role offers the opportunity to learn the transportation and logistics industry in a progressive environment over a 3-6 months. During that time, you will develop the skills necessary to be successful in freight forwarding and brokerage sales. Transportation terminology, process and procedures, effective communication, relationship building, creative solution design, sales, and negotiating are many of the core concepts taught and used with this role.
Upon completion of training you will transition into an individual contributor role as part of our sales or operations teams. Our individual contributors have the opportunity to earn uncapped commissions. The more successful you are the larger the commission each month.
- Largely sales focused; requiring high volume outbound calls daily while prospecting and contacting potential new customers/shippers.
- Business development through effective communication with leads and clients to discover vulnerabilities within their transportation network. Responsible for proposing and implement solutions, closing new business, and grow existing business with established clients.
Logistics Specialists are the lifeblood of our talent pipeline. These individuals will move Werner Enterprises forward and be the driving force behind our growth and success. It is important you possess these qualifications and attributes:
- Quick learner, motivated to continuously develop, and grow
- Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to control outcome, self-starter
- Competitive and passion to be successful
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Positive, optimistic, and confident person able to continue moving forward when faced with adversity
- Logistics experience preferred but not required
- Sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Vision Statement:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion drive us at Werner. We support and encourage the diverse voices and perspectives of our associates, our customers and our suppliers. Diversity contributes to innovation and connects us to the many communities we serve. We commit to embrace these values as we move towards an increasingly inclusive culture where every associate feels empowered to bring their whole self to Werner.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate based on an applicant’s age.