Our start-up research lab (Longitudinal Research Program in Gen’Zennials Suicide) seeks to understand the interacting risk and protective factors related to biological, psychosocial, and other elements of mental health that lead to elevated suicide rates in Gen’Zennials. We conduct a longitudinal study of Gen’Zennials suicide attempt survivors, which provides a unique opportunity to evaluate the predictive value of these risk factors on prospectively assessed suicidal behavior. Over 10 schools have approved our Longitudinal Research Program for interns to contribute to our unique dataset.
The Research Project Assistant will conduct structured diagnostic interviews, mood, behavioral, and neuropsychological assessments, and reliable administration and data entry. All team members attend weekly enrichment meetings discussing research in the field. They may also participate in the inpatient psychiatric unit, elementary, middle, high schools, colleges, and universities to conduct assessments. Applicants with Associates’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorates degrees are encouraged to apply. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to apply for further graduate studies, such as a doctoral program in Psychology, Neuroscience, or medical examinations. The ideal candidate has experience working with populations with mental or emotional health diagnoses and has experience with diagnostic interviews and neuropsychological assessments. The candidate may also have an interest in or experience with data management, with many job opportunities to learn more about advanced data management.
This position is unpaid.
Independently execute job functions for research protocol(s). Share the responsibility of managing the day-to-day activities for the research project. Handle project-specific tasks as needed.
- Share the responsibility of managing the day-to-day activities for the research project.
- Assist the project coordinator with participant selection needed.
- Assist the project coordinator in coordinating the flow of participants through the project, including screening, tracking contacts and attendance, and maintaining current information on how to contact participants, etc.
- Handle all special projects for research protocol(s).
- Collaborate in all recruitment activities of research subjects.
- Handle both administrative and research job duties as needed for research protocol(s).
- Active student required, preferably Majors in Psychology, Neuroscience, Sociology, or related research field.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a research project or corresponding clinical setting is required
- Familiarity with computers and standard software packages experience preferred
- Working knowledge of research methodology is strongly preferred
- Prior supervisory or project management experience preferred
- Minimal work commitment of 2-3 semesters preferred
- Experience working or volunteering with populations with mental or emotional health diagnoses preferred
- Experience with Redcap or other data management preferred
- Experience with diagnostic interviews and neuropsychological assessments preferred