Our true differentiator in the market is exceptional technical support/customer service. Our help desk team is at the core of this promise. These technologically savvy call center techs are key team members who provide our outside customers — end users and sign technicians — with installation, service, maintenance and software operation assistance and training as part of the technical support helpdesk, utilizing an extensive knowledge base and hands-on training with our team. This is not a “customer service” CSR role in the traditional sense, as it is far more technical in nature; however, customer service is the critical focus of this helpdesk engineer position.
- Provide world-class customer tech support promptly, with a focus on quality and on first call resolution to our customers, dealers, and end-users.
- Assist in continual improvement/expansion of the Watchfire knowledgebase – a key web-based collection of both internal and customer-facing troubleshooting, how-to and resolution documentation.
- Maintain detailed customer records in Customer Service database regarding each service/support call, email, and chat.
- Perform other various special software and engineering assignments or duties as required.
- Possible travel to job sites to provide hands-on assistance with installation, training, or service.
- Occasional weekend duties, such as providing on-call or remote weekend helpdesk support.
- Occasional interaction with design/engineering team, with possibility to grow into R&D assignments, depending upon level of education and technical training.
- Solid understanding of basics of networking (not simply computer operation) is REQUIRED — significant college coursework preferred.
- Basic understanding of electronics – including college coursework – strongly preferred.
- NETWORKING: Previous hands-on network installation/maintenance coursework or experience (network setup, network technician, cabling, PC setup, telecommunications, etc.) preferred.
- Previous customer service work experience is strongly recommended; 1+ years prior helpdesk / phone support experience, ideally IT/software/computer phone support, is strongly preferred.
- Some physical ability such as moderate lifting, working on ladders and in bucket trucks at heights, etc. required.
- Exceptional and demonstrated verbal communication skills required, with demonstrated customer service skills STRONGLY preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish at a level of providing technical information via verbal or written communications a PLUS but not required.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime and weekends preferred.
Required Education and Licensing
- AA/AAS/AS degree in technical field (or military equivalent) minimum
- BS in EE, EET, CE, ECE, MIS or IT or similar technical field strongly preferred.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.