DSHS DDA Dietitian
$3,792.00 – $4,974.00 Monthly
DSHS is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join our compassionate team. If you are a dietitian looking for an opportunity to affect the lives of people with developmental disabilities, this is the career opportunity for you!
You will support the mission of DSHS by providing individualized nutrition interventions, education, and team-based care to promote the health, wellbeing, and independence of residents at Lakeland Village Residential Habilitation Center.
Some of what you will do:
- Perform nutrition assessments, develop interventions, monitor and evaluate progress and goals for residents
- Participate and collaborate in an interdisciplinary team and care management meetings
- Coordinate with professional staff, care team, food service, and supply personnel to design and implement interventions
- Develop education materials and training content for staff and residents
- Create or adapt specialized menus to fit varied and individualized resident needs
- Participate in quality assurance process; assist in development of facility processes to promote safe and effective foodservice delivery
- Maintain relevant electronic records
Who should apply:
- Professionals with a Bachelor or Master degree involving major study in food and nutrition or dietetics
- Currently (preferred) Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) as credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Knowledge of therapeutic diet planning, preparation and serving of specialized diets, food safety, institutional food service, and educational approaches is beneficial
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with Protected Health Information
See why people like you chose careers with DSHS.
Note: Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified at New Employee Orientation. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact Ebony Ware at email@example.com and reference job number 10819.