We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven general manager to lead our team of hard-working, fun-loving, movie nerds! From simple moments to grand gestures, the Warehouse Cinemas team looks for every opportunity to “save the day” for our customers. The GM is passionate about hospitality and leads our team at Warehouse Cinemas Leitersburg to create moments worth remembering for our guests.
The General Manager at WCL directs daily operations, leads the management team, and promotes a healthy team culture. The GM should be experienced in team leadership, operations, personnel management, performance management and metrics. It is the mission of the General Manager to see that the vision of Warehouse Cinemas comes to life through quality customer service, efficient operations, and by leading a high-performing team to create memorable experiences for our guests.
1. Consistency and Quality of Customer Service: We like to think outside the box in all aspects of the customer experience. From our movie-themed specialty cocktails, to our luxury heated recliners, Warehouse Cinemas is more than popcorn and a movie (but we have the classics too!). The GM ensures all team members provide a positive guest experience and maintains quality standards at each stage of a guest’s visit.
2. Operational Excellence: The GM directs daily operations of the Cinema, promotes efficiency, and addresses areas of weakness with improved process or execution. Backed up line at the concession stand? Ticket kiosk on the fritz? The GM has an eagle eye and jumps in to problem solve with the team.
3. Leadership, Management, and Training: Warehouse Cinemas will be the first job for a lot of our employees – a great opportunity to develop young professionals! We are dedicated to the training and development of our team members at every level of the organization; whether WCL is a first job or a forever career, our performance management and training program aims to develop each employee into a better professional. The GM mentors our management staff, executes personnel duties, and ensures all staff are thoroughly trained for success at WCL and beyond.
4. Cultivating a Healthy Culture: We believe that healthy culture is more than happy employees. Our culture is about positive attitudes, teamwork, critical thinking, and yes – fun!
5. Performance and Financial Accountability: We’ve got a competitive, entrepreneurial spirit! We set goals, take a weekly health-check on all things numbers, and work as a team to develop strategies. The GM monitors performance metrics and company finances, keeps detailed and organized financial records, and works with executive leadership to promote the financial health of WCL.
- Ability to work onsite at our facility in Hagerstown, MD required.
- Graduation with a High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, communications, or business preferred.
- 3-5 years of personnel management experience required.
- Prior experience in a management position at a movie cinema or similar industry preferred.
- Open availability including nights, weekends, and holidays required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, calendar and email
- Physical Demands: The chosen candidate will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, climb, lift up to 50 lbs, and perform other similar duties.
Like what you hear so far? Warehouse Cinemas Leitersburg might be the place for you! Submit your application to apply.