Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Engineering and Public Works Intern – Unpaid
The Village of Schaumburg employs approximately 600 employees in a variety of departments within the organization, such as police, fire, public works, engineering, finance, human resources, cultural services, community development, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be. Schaumburg is a thriving community of 75,936 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. The community is the base of the second largest concentration of retail, office and commercial activity in the state of Illinois and was recently named by Money Magazine as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Live!
· The intern will gain insight into engineering management within the public sector.
· The intern will gain an experiential learning opportunity in the area of asset management.
Essential Internship Functions:
We are adding analytics tools to our asset management software to track lifecycle, condition assessment, probabilities of failure, etc. We are looking for an intern to:
· Quantify current asset maintenance history into actionable data
· Incorporate asset data into asset management software
· Provide recommendations on current asset management strategies based on identified data
· Currently enrolled in or graduated from a college program in Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration
· Strong analytical skills
· Good research and writing abilities
· Independent worker, willing to ask questions and take initiative
Internship Schedule (days/hours offered)
· Work week; 8 AM – 5 PM
Interested? Please complete a Volunteer Application and select “Engineering and Public Works” as department of interest.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER