When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
Exciting opportunities exist within the Verizon 5G and Enterprise Solutions organization. As a Solutions Architect Intern, you will be an integral part of a talented team collaborating with our Solutions Architects to assist during their clients’ Digital Transformation journey. During your 10-week internship, you will learn how to help organizations translate their technical requirements into cutting edge solutions involving security, 5G Ultra Wideband, and IoT-enabled solutions. In addition to immersing yourself in Verizon’s products and services, you will focus on presentation delivery and business acumen. With our guidance, this program will provide you with the tools to develop yourself into the next-generation Solutions Architect in no time!
This internship, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm and learn the practical application of your degree concepts. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in the field through on-the-job training.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
– Support technical or customer specialized projects by working with the solution architects and account teams to understand project needs, complete research and design tasks, and develop the required deliverables.
– Build relationships with the solution architects and account teams, and collaborate with cross functional teams to understand Verizon’s ecosystem and build a strong network.
– Participate in business transformation initiatives where you can take a creative approach to continuously improve and automate complex processes and workflows.
– Acquire and grow knowledge in Verizon’s vast technology offerings and beyond by completing trainings and attending corporate partner and vendor presentations.
– Embrace relationship building and mentorship opportunities. We are a diverse team that has a broad mix of talents and tenure. You may have the opportunity to connect with mentors and leaders around the business who can help support your career journey.
– You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. You can effectively articulate technical challenges and business outcomes to large and small audiences. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
– Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program with a concentration in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2023.
– Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
– Willingness to work in Cary, NC.
Even better if you have:
– Previous internship experience in a technology related field.
– Excellent leadership and communication skills to effectively articulate business outcomes with various stakeholders such as account managers, clients and vendors.
– Demonstrated strong analytical skills and a growth-oriented mindset.
– Broad knowledge of one or more of the following computer science domains: Networking Fundamentals (SDN, NFV, Intelligent edge), Security, or Mobility.
– Knowledge of 3GPP wireless technologies (i.e. 5G and 4G LTE) and common mobile devices (i.e. Cradlepoint, Meraki, etc.) as well as experience supporting mobile operating systems or application development for Apple iOS, Google Android, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.