Veracity Engineering is an industry leader in aviation engineering and management consulting. We apply proven principles and innovative approaches to solve tomorrow’s problems today. Since 2001, Veracity’s staff of experienced, passionate and creative professionals has provided our government and commercial clients with innovative solutions to modernize air traffic systems and advance global initiatives in safety, efficiency, and capacity.
What the position entails:
Veracity Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Billing and Finance Analyst with a deep understanding of government billing and contracting experience to work with our team in the heart of Washington, DC. The Billing and Finance Analyst role supports the Finance Department in carrying out the financial and accounting responsibilities of the company. This specific role will primarily focus on billing and corporate reporting functions within the Finance team. The Financial Analyst will also assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
What you will get to do:
• Produces accurate invoices, analysis, and reconciliations for Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time and Materials (T&M) and Cost-Plus contract types. Obtains invoice approvals, enters invoice into the accounting and billing system and timely delivers invoices to clients.
• Prepares invoices for federal clients in compliance with federal invoicing compliance policy (FAR), adhering to standardized billing processes, reviewing, understanding, and interpreting billing parameters and billing terms and conditions stated in the contracts and subcontracts. Explores solutions to meet the needs of the client according to policies and guidelines.
• Maintains accurate records of billing calculations and records, including contracts and modifications, invoice supporting documentation, email approvals, indirect rate true-ups, overpayments, invoice cancellations and related items.
• Coordinates with project management and Contract Administrator to assure invoices accuracy.
• Maintain Standard Operating Procedures document for assigned area.
• Compiles supporting documentation for audits.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
What you will bring to the position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Management.
• Five to seven (5-7) years of professional finance and billing experience, specifically related to government contracts.
• Thorough understanding of Government Contracts, acquisition regulations, and acts and industry.
• Experience with job costing, invoicing, A/R, revenue management, financial reporting.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A high proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office suite.
• Superior Excel skills.
• Highly efficient, productive, and organized.
Would be nice to have but not required:
• Experience using PROCAS.
At Veracity, we want our employees to excel and grow professionally. With an emphasis on continuing education, we demonstrate our commitment to employee growth and development by providing tuition reimbursement for education and certifications. In addition to tuition reimbursement, we offer one of the best benefits packages in the industry: competitive health benefits package, paid time off, 401K matching, and vested from day one to name just a few of our benefits and perks.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements (Standard for all U.S. Positions)
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Veracity hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on the shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Veracity will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Veracity’s Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure
Veracity believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, veteran status, gender, gender identity/expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Veracity will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.