Veolia Water Milwaukee, LLC is contracted by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) to operate and maintain its regional wastewater treatment system. Together we serve 28 communities and over 1 million people in the greater Milwaukee area. The entity operates through a public-private partnership, which ensures public ownership and control while enabling private-sector best practices, technological expertise and operating know-how.
Veolia Water Milwaukee is the nation’s largest wastewater partnership, serving 1.1 million people in 28 municipalities. This includes a 411-square-mile service area with a 28.5 mile deep tunnel inline storage system of collection sewers.
Veolia Water Milwaukee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Veolia North America, began operation on March 1, 2008, and employs over 200 people. The company is active in the community, supporting educational and environmental causes and activities.
We are currently looking to fill a Wastewater Laboratory Testing Internship position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Measuring chemicals.
· Conducting basic environmental analyses.
· Preparing water samples for external laboratory analysis.
· Data recordings.
· Run jar test to evaluate the efficacy of chemicals for treating wastewater samples.
· Assist the Senior Process Engineer in other duties as assigned.
· Environmental Science/Engineering, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering Student Sophomore level or higher.
· Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Google Mail. Knowledge of Google Sheets, and Google Docs preferred.
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
· Detail orientated and able to work independently.
· Ability to shift priorities and think outside the box.
· Ability to compile data in an organized manner.