School Culture Manager Immediate Opening (SY21-22)
Grade Level: Middle School
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Lawrence, MA
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network operates five schools in Boston and Lawrence, MA, serving more than 2,600 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UP Academies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
The School Culture Manager will work with the school’s School Culture Team to ensure that students demonstrate dramatic student achievement gains and internalize the school’s values. The School Culture Manager will help lead the school’s efforts to create a positive, structured, consistent, caring, and disciplined school culture.
- Maintain and further develop a joyful, structured, achievement-oriented school culture based on UP Academy’s vision of excellence
- With the School Culture Team, build systems and procedures which protect the sanctity of instructional time and reinforce a positive school culture
- Serve as a point person for discipline and culture issues and maintain systems of efficiency in the Deans of Student’s Office
- Reinforce the effective use of a school-wide behavior management system, including the school’s PRIDE system
- Assist teachers, students, and families in the effective creation and implementation of individual behavior plans
- Regularly communicate with families regarding behavioral updates
- Ensure that the physical environment of the school reinforces school culture and facilitates student achievement
- Manage detention and extension
- Assist during arrival and dismissal
- Be highly present and visible during school hours
- Model the school’s values and the standard for professional behavior
- A strong belief in UP Education Network’s core values: Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor
- Associates degree is preferred
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment
Compensation and Benefits
Your salary is commensurate with experience; UP Academy follows the salary scales of each UP Academy’s host school district. As an employee of UP Academy and your respective school district, you will receive the same access to personal and sick days, health insurance, and dental insurance as others within your employee class. This position is not part of any union.
Working at UP Education Network
We know that great staff members directly lead to the success of our students. At UP, your career is shaped by:
- Opportunities for immediate impact: UP offers a chance to bring best practices found in high-performing schools to students previously enrolled in struggling schools, and to rapidly unlock the potential of these students
- Talented, mission-driven colleagues: Our staff is enthusiastic, dedicated, and willing to do “whatever it takes” to put every student on the path to college
- Collaboration and teamwork: Staff members collaborate and work closely together on grade-level or content area teams, using data to track student performance as well as guide instructional practice
- Consistent professional growth and development: Members of our staff typically have bi-weekly check-in meetings with their managers where they receive targeted coaching and support and the entire staff participates in weekly professional development sessions during the school year, kick-started by extensive training in August.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position for which they are qualified. Our students must be exposed on a daily basis to a diverse group of powerful role models. Therefore, we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a diverse and talented staff from a wide range of backgrounds to join our creative, mission-driven team.