Elementary Paraprofessional Teacher (SY22-22)
Grade Level: Elementary
Start Date: ASAP
Locations: Dorchester, MA
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network manages and operates five schools in Boston, and Lawrence, MA. We serve over 2,500 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UP Academies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
The Paraprofessional will work closely with teachers to plan and execute academic interventions for small groups of students. The Paraprofessional holds primary responsibility for overseeing the implementation of effective, rigorous academic and behavior intervention systems with a small case load of students.
• Work alongside an experienced educator to support a small case load of students, driving the academic achievement of students
• Analyze assessment data to identify knowledge gaps and skill deficits of individual students
• Create materials for tutorial that target individual student needs
• Implement an effective, rigorous academic and behavior intervention system with a small case load of students
• Support student mastery of state, city, and school academic and behavioral standards
• Hold all students to high academic and behavior expectations
• Lead daily individual and small group tutoring sessions
• Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
• A strong belief in UP Education Network’s core values: Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor
• ABA experience preferred
• A high-school diploma or GED
• Forty-eight (48) Credit Hours of College Coursework or an Associate’s Degree, or a passing score on one of the two following Formalized Standardized Assessments: ParaPro Assessment (http://www.ets.org/parapro/ ) or WorkKeys Certificate of Proficiency for Teacher Assistants (http://www.act.org/workkeys/profcert/index.html )
• Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
Compensation and Benefits
Your salary is commensurate with experience; UP Academy follows the salary scales of each UP Academy’s host school district. As an employee of UP Academy and your respective school district, you will receive the same access to personal and sick days, health insurance, and dental insurance as others within your union.
Working at UP Education Network
We know that great staff members directly lead to the success of our students. At UP, your career is shaped by:
- Opportunities for immediate impact: UP offers a chance to bring best practices found in high-performing schools to students previously enrolled in struggling schools, and to rapidly unlock the potential of these students
- Talented, mission-driven colleagues: Our staff is enthusiastic, dedicated, and willing to do “whatever it takes” to put every student on the path to college
- Collaboration and teamwork: Staff members collaborate and work closely together on grade-level or content area teams, using data to track student performance as well as guide instructional practice
- Consistent professional growth and development: Members of our staff typically have bi-weekly check-in meetings with their managers where they receive targeted coaching and support and the entire staff participates in weekly professional development sessions during the school year, kick-started by extensive training.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position for which they are qualified. Our students must be exposed on a daily basis to a diverse group of powerful role models. Therefore, we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a diverse and talented staff from a wide range of backgrounds to join our creative, mission-driven team.