We are an interdisciplinary group of learners and researchers who have been iteratively improving a large-scale, online collaborative platform called 1Cademy. Our platform facilitates knowledge sharing and remote, collaborative research by enabling users to organize research in a hierarchical format through content generation, mapping, and evaluation.
The UX Research team is responsible for developing insights on user motivations, needs, and experiences. We use these insights to make 1Cademy more useful and easier to use.
- Gain experience in various research methodologies including literature reviews, user interviews, usability testing, and affinity mapping
- Have opportunities to take on leadership positions within the team
- Gain experience collaborating with an interdisciplinary group of people
- Gain experience in presenting literature reviews and findings to a team
- Make a meaningful contribution to projects that will improve the usability of a collaborative learning platform
- Learn about various theories and contribute to novel research within the UX Research field
- Note: All interactions, task fulfillment, and communications will be remote
- For more information about the project and UX research team, contact Catherine Grillo at email@example.com
- Self-starter with a passion for improving user experience
- Strong interest in the user experience field
- Experience and willingness to work in collaborative environments (need to share your opinion as well as listen to others)
- Some knowledge of different user research methods
- Some knowledge of qualitative/quantitative research
- Ability to synthesize information from literature to report to group members
- Work towards a UX research paper to be submitted to ACM conferences
- Regularly collaborate with team members on projects that will improve 1Cademy
- Gather knowledge from books and papers regarding the best UX practices, summarize important ideas you find, and use 1Cademy to present these findings with the team in weekly meetings. This is how our team finds new projects to work on so we can iteratively improve the usability of 1Cademy.
- Attend and actively participate in all-team meetings twice a week
- Regularly communicate with team using Microsoft Teams
- This internship is solely for the purpose of improving research and education.
- This position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.
- Participation is unpaid.
- Start date is flexible.
- To learn more about this platform, check out this YouTube Channel.