We are a group of UI/UX designers who have been iteratively developing a large-scale, online collaborative platform called 1Cademy. Our platform facilitates knowledge sharing and enables users to become involved in remote, collaborative research by enabling them to organize research in a hierarchical format.
- Gain user interface prototyping/design experience.
- Gain experience collaborating with an interdisciplinary group of people.
- Gain experience creating/presenting mockups and clearly articulating important UI concepts to others in the community.
- Develop crucial skills in research and development (analysis, summarization, making connections, iterative development).
- Make a difference by identifying UI issues and proposing/applying innovative solutions to the 1Cademy platform.
- Collaborate with others to develop/improve various UI design features, and improve any currently used graphics or create new visually appealing graphics as needed.
- All interactions, task fulfillment, and communications will be remote.
- For more information about the project, contact Shannon Kenny and Kaeli Fish at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful interns would continue with taking leadership roles.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for topics related to UI research/design, technology, social/online communities, and cognitive psychology.
- Instinct and intuition for good UI design.
- Experience creating and prototyping UI designs (using Figma).
- Understanding of key graphic design principles.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (or other similar graphic design software).
- Experience and willingness to work in collaborative environments (need to share your opinion as well as listen to others).
- Collaborate with others to develop and/or improve both the UI design and graphic design of the platform, share these prototypes/mockups with the community.
- Provide input on any/all UI designs/mockups.
- Gather knowledge from books and papers regarding best UI practices, summarize important ideas you find, and share/explain these findings with the community in weekly meetings for further discussion (using 1Cademy). This is our team’s mechanism to better learn the current design of the platform and collaboratively improve our design knowledge.
- Must be prepared and excited to collaborate with our team of computer scientists, web developers, UX researchers, UI designers, graphic designers, data scientists, epidemiologists, and cognitive and behavioral scientists.
- Attend weekly meetings.
Note: Participation is unpaid, solely for the purpose of improving research and education, and this position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.
To learn more about our platform, check out this YouTube channel.