Join a team of researchers and students who are developing a novel, online educational platform named 1Cademy. This tool utilizes collaborative learning to produce a network of interdisciplinary research spanning numerous disciplines. Users organize knowledge in a systematic, hierarchical manner to make connections between unique topics and facilitate learning.
The Infectious Disease community aims to develop research relating to agents, transmission, and treatment of communicable diseases. This project requires students to participate in weekly meetings and present new developments in infectious disease research. Interns should expect to work approximately 5-7 hours a week doing asynchronous work and attending community meetings.
Participation in the Infectious Disease community on 1Cademy includes:
- Learning new concepts of zoonoses, vector-borne diseases and epidemiology
- Analyzing complex research papers and maintaining knowledge of new developments in infectious disease and vaccines
- Exploring relationships between infectious disease and other communities on 1Cademy
- Refining presentation skills to share research with members of the community
- Collaborating with like-minded researchers on presentations
- Expanding professional networks and building scholarly communities
- Prior knowledge or interest in public health and infectious disease epidemiology
- Experience with analyzing scientific literature and the ability to eloquently present new findings
- Eagerness to collaborate with other researchers from different disciplines
- Frequently review textbooks and literature, summarize key concepts, and publish nodes relating to infectious disease
- Consistently attend weekly meetings and be willing to present each month
- Collaborate with other interns and review research proposed by community members on 1Cademy
- Review new knowledge during weekly discussions and through the community channel on Microsoft Teams
- Regularly update community leaders on progress and contributions to 1Cademy
Note: Participation is unpaid, solely for the purpose of improving research and education, and this position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.
For more information about the project, contact Ysabelle Broderson at email@example.com. To learn more about 1Cademy and how it works, please check out this YouTube channel.