We are an interdisciplinary group of learners and researchers who have been iteratively contributing to and improving a large-scale, online collaborative research platform called 1Cademy. Our platform facilitates knowledge sharing and remote, collaborative research by enabling users to organize research in a hierarchical format through content generation, mapping, and evaluation.
The main objective of the Psycholinguistics community is to gain a deeper understanding of how language and the brain interact and how that knowledge can be used in practical applications. This role is mostly asynchronous except for weekly meetings. The minimum task requirements will take around 5-10 hours/week.
By joining our team, you will:
- Gain experience using crucial skills in research including paper analysis, summarization, and making connections between disciplines.
- Make a difference by contributing to our understanding of language and the brain.
- Propose and collaboratively work on solutions to identified problems.
- Work towards publishing research on psycholinguistics and related fields.
- Work remotely with all interactions, task fulfillment, and communications with other interns.
- Have opportunities to take on leadership roles within the community.
- Academic background and knowledge in topics related to psycholinguistics, linguistics, neuroscience, cognitive science or related fields.
- Fluency in writing and reading in English (will have to summarize and present research articles).
- Experience and willingness to work in collaborative environments.
- Regularly study textbooks and research papers, summarize them, and share the essence of what you learn at least once a month with the team.
- Discuss the content that is presented both during the meeting and on discussion posts.
- Take part in the 1Cademy peer-review process on the research and concepts proposed by other members of the community.
- Collaborate with other members of the community and engage with the 1Cademy map to link ideas together.
Note: Participation is unpaid, solely for the purpose of improving research and education, and this position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.
For more information about the project, contact Amelia Ostrow at email@example.com. To learn more about 1Cademy and how it works, please check out this YouTube channel.