Join an interdisciplinary, transnational group of researchers who have been iteratively developing and executing research on a large-scale, online collaborative platform called 1Cademy. This team will be investigating recent literature on various topics in health psychology. Over time, we will aim to narrow down our research to a specific topic with the goal of conducting our own study. By joining our team, you will be able to:
- Develop key research skills, such as paper analysis, summarization, and making connections between disciplines
- Explore recent health psychology literature, with topics including (but not limited to): Behavioral therapies for medical disorders, race and gender in healthcare, mental health, or the psychological component of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Experience a flexible and collaborative work environment, with all work being done remotely
- Work towards publishing research on health psychology.
- Knowledge and interest in topics related to the field of health psychology
- Fluency in reading and writing in English (written summaries of research articles necessary)
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment and willingness to present findings to the team each week.
- Regularly study textbooks and research papers, summarize them, and add notes to the collaborative platform
- Must be prepared and excited to collaborate with our team of computer scientists, web developers, UX researchers, UI designers, epidemiologists, and cognitive and behavioral scientists.
- Attend weekly meetings and engage in meaningful discussion about the articles presented.
Note: Participation is unpaid, solely for the purpose of improving research and education, and this position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.
For more information about the project, contact Megan Rush or Madeline Jacoby at email@example.com and to learn more about our platform, check out this YouTube channel.