Join an interdisciplinary, transnational group of researchers who have been iteratively developing and executing empirical research on the large-scale, online collaborative platform 1Cademy. The goal of this research community is to investigate the psychosocial impact of disability and examine policies and history related to disability rights. By joining our team, you will be able to:
- Gain valuable research skills and experience, such as paper analysis, summarization, and making connections between disciplines.
- Work towards publishing research on topics related to disability.
- Collaborate with others to review and summarize existing research and identify topics for further study.
- Work remotely with all interactions, task fulfillment, and communications (about 5-10 hours per week)
- Interest and enthusiasm for topics related to Disability Studies.
- Strong desire and willingness to collaborate with others and engage in group discussions.
- Willingness to present work at weekly meetings.
- Able to commit to approximately 5-10 hours of work each week.
- Fluency in writing and reading in English (will have to summarize research articles).
- Read and summarize textbook chapters and scientific journal articles.
- Make connections between different ideas and concepts.
- Contribute concise summaries of information to the online 1Cademy platform.
- Attend weekly online meetings.
- Contribute in meetings by presenting work and engaging in discussions.
Note: Participation is unpaid, solely for the purpose of improving research and education, and this position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.
For more information about the project, contact Chiara Casiglia at email@example.com and to learn more about our platform, check out this YouTube channel.