Join an interdisciplinary, transnational group of researchers who have been iteratively developing and executing empirical research on the large-scale, online collaborative platform 1Cademy. The goal of the Mindfulness Research Community on 1Cademy is to investigate the psychological effects of mindfulness in everyday life and as treatment for mental and physical illnesses. We need individuals who are interested in gaining experience with empirical research and expanding the body of knowledge on mindfulness. By joining our team and contributing to the online community, you will:
- Gain experience by developing important skills in research, including paper analysis, summary, and presentation.
- Work towards proposing and executing research on mindfulness, mindfulness meditation, positive psychology, clinical psychology, and neuroscience.
- Collaborate with other interns to summarize existing research and brainstorm new research ideas.
- Collect and organize research in an effective and meaningful manner that will have cohesive interactions
- Work remotely with all interactions, task fulfillment, and communications.
- Completing responsibilities will require a minimum of 6 hours per week. Further research and leadership opportunities become available to those who contribute to the community beyond minimum responsibilities.
- Participants may have the opportunity to continue their engagement in this research community after the end of this internship.
- Interest and enthusiasm for topics related to mindfulness, mindfulness meditation, positive psychology, clinical psychology, and neuroscience.
- Willingness to present work and engage in group discussions about research topics.
- Ability to communicate effectively in remote team meetings.
- Fluency in writing and reading in English (will have to summarize research articles).
- Must be able to attend weekly meetings on Mondays at 7 PM EST
- Read through textbooks and research papers, summarize content on our knowledge visualization platform, 1Cademy, and publicly share summaries with the research team.
- Attend weekly online meetings.
- Contribute in meetings by presenting work.
- Contribute in meetings by engaging in discussion with other interns about research topics.
- Be able to make connections between different resources and research articles
- Participation is unpaid, solely for the purpose of improving research and education.
- We DO NOT sponsor CPT or OPT for international students.
- This position meets US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.
- For more information about the project, contact Liz Walters, Hanna Duncan, or Tess Streeter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To learn more about our platform, check out this YouTube channel.