Spring Semester: Internship dates are approximately from January 2022 – April 2022.
Application Closing Date: October 22, 2021
**Must apply through: www.universalorlandojobs.com**
JOB SUMMARY: Intern will gain firsthand experience and understanding of Public Relations role in a major organization. Responsibilities include assisting with day-to-day information distribution, coverage tracking, media management, assisting with events, etc. Intern will also have the opportunity to shadow major event planning and implementation for events such as Mardi Gras.
- Track media coverage and sentiment, and provide reports to management as needed.
- Assist with implementing tactics and event planning for Public Relations initiatives.
- Develop various press materials, including press releases, media alerts, photo captions, etc.
- Distribute press releases and various communications to media via email or Cision.
- Regularly update media contact lists and monitor the Media inbox and answer inquiries.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Public Relations, Communications, Journalism
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Required skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent guest service skills
- Team player with a positive “go-getter” attitude
- Ability to interact with media contacts in person, by phone and by email.
- Has general interest in learning about Public Relations.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.