Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it is a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Technical Support Specialist role is a fundamental part of a global IT support team, responsible for answering incoming calls, chats, and web submissions from customers and resolves technical issues, requests for information and login assistance while ensuring a high level of customer service. Successful candidates will handle ~25 contacts/day within all areas of UnitedHealth Group’s IT infrastructure and applications, and work with various internal support groups to escalate complex high priority/high impact issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers while following best practices of call greeting, call handling, call documentation, call resolution and call closure
- Provide 1st level technical support by creating and/or resolving ServiceNow Incident and Request cases
- Troubleshoot problems with network connectivity, web access, Windows, Outlook access, Exchange, SQL connectivity, and proprietary clinical applications
- Troubleshoot internal applications specific to the business; document resolution or problem fixes and promote to corporate knowledge base
- Resolve issues using defined troubleshooting checklists and skills in coordination with other Service Desk team members and internal hardware and software subject matter experts
- Learn and maintain a high level of knowledge of user computing environment
- Work with non-technical end-user base, providing new user orientation, application navigation and basic usage tips and techniques to improve their user experience
- Diagnose and resolve client hardware problems/failures and escalate if/when appropriate
- Escalate global issues to established escalation path and support structure and provide timely updates to global outages and major incidents
- Support mobile devices in environment to include iPhone and Android
- Provide password reset administration to users that have forgotten their Windows/AD password and/or are locked out of their accounts
- Open, log and track Major Incident cases and communicate information to the Major Incident Team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience performing Desktop Support for end-user software and hardware in a mid-to-large size enterprise. Experience includes operating system software, desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers, telephones and cabling environments
- Knowledge of remote assistance tools, Active Directory, Citrix, VPN, LAN and WAN
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Recommended Certifications: MCSE; MCP; ITIL Certification; CompTIA A+
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
- HDI Support Center Analyst or HDI Service Desk Analyst certification desired.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve issues in a ticket management system in accordance with service level agreements
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate/collaborate with other technical teams to resolve issues and determine problem resolution
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.