As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be responsible for retrieving medication from stock, counting and packaging orders for pharmacist review, maintaining work stations with adequate supplies, removing outdated products from shelves, assisting with inventory replenishment, and maintaining par levels of pre-packaged auxiliary items. Occasionally you may be asked to reach out to patients for customer service calls as well as making inquiries on orders shipped.
Working Schedule: This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work our 8 hour shift schedule during our normal business hours of (6:00am – 3:30pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Process and fill prescription orders in preparation for pharmacist verification
- Some packing and shipping of completed prescription orders to patients
- Maintain drug inventory and automated dispensing units
- Replenish work station supplies for filling prescriptions as needed (includes vials, caps, labels, etc.)
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It’s a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Current State of Washington Pharmacy Technician License (CPhT)
- Experience navigating through Microsoft Excel
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Previous experience working in a mail order setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and cooperation skills
- Competent in basic mathematical equations with different forms of measurements, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Proficient computer and organizational skills with the ability to focus on workload and achievement of both production and quality objectives
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours with intermittent breaks
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.