Robotic Control PhD Intern – Manipulation and Control Department of UBTECH NARDC
As a Robotic Control PhD Intern at UBTECH North America Research and Development Center (UBTECH NARDC), you will work closely with our seasoned Manipulation and Control Engineers, Computer Vision Engineers, Navigation and Control Engineers, Hardware Engineers, Industrial Designers, and PM team to develop proof-of-concept prototypes for our next-generation service robotic products.
Job Type: Internship
- Develop, implement, maintain, optimize control algorithms for various tasks done by serial manipulators and different kinds of grippers.
- Work closely with Manipulation and Control engineers to develop testing cases.
- Provide tech support to parallel teams to fix test rigs or design new rigs to allow them to evaluate novel concepts.
- 3rd-year or above in the PhD program of Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar discipline.
- Knowledge: fundamental control theory (e.g., PID), robot kinematics, robot dynamics.
- Hands-on skills: electric motor control, pneumatic/hydraulic control, industrial robotic manipulator control (e.g., UR5, Kinova, KUKA).
- Languages: C++ (must), Python, MATLAB.
- Others: version control (e.g., git), simulation (e.g., ROS, V-REP), OS (Linux experience required).
- Organized, detail-oriented, and willing to learn.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
UBTECH is a global leading AI and humanoid robotics company and the world’s most valuable AI and Robotics Start-up. At UBTECH, we conduct fundamental research, applied research, and innovative engineering to create various robotic products, which have been significantly impacting the global market and changing the world. As the leader in the intelligent service robot industry, we are the only company, which successfully commercialized humanoid robotic products for consumers in the world.
Our mission is to bring a robot into every home, and truly integrate intelligent robots into the daily lives of everyone creating a more intelligent way of life.
The UBTECH North America Research and Development Center is the key business unit and R&D center of defining and creating the next-generation robotic products. We push the boundaries of R&D in the Service Robotic Industry and create game-changing products which fundamentally influence the human and robot ecosystem.
Location: Pasadena, CA.