Internship, Perception and Computer Vision (Human-Robot Interaction topics)
*Please only apply if you are currently pursuing a postgraduate degree (i.e., current Master’s or Doctorate student) and have proficient skills in C++ programming.
This position supports Computer Vision group at UBTECH North America Research and Development Center (UBTECH NARDC). You will work with our talented team members to participate in exciting projects and missions as an Image Processing/Computer Vision Specialist.
Scheduled work week hours: 20 hours / week
Assignment duration: 2-4 Months
- Assist technical staff in evaluating and improving the performance of machine learning or deep learning algorithms using image and video data.
- Pursuing M.S. in Computer Sciences
- Proficient in at least one of the main programming languages, including C++ and Python. Ability to write clean and efficient code.
- Familiar with ROS, OpenCV, git
- Familiar with Linux & Embedded development environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills. Self-motivated and passionate about the robotics and AI.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Pursuing Ph.D. in Computer Sciences
- Specialize in computer vision or image processing with a background in one of the following topics: 1) face expression recognition, 2) emotion recognition, 3) body pose recognition, or 4) hand gesture recognition.
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Experience with pytorch, numpy, matplotlib
UBTECH is a global leading AI and humanoid robotics company and the world’s most valuable AI and Robotics Start-up. At UBTECH, we conduct fundamental research, applied research, and innovative engineering to create various robotic products, which have been significantly impacting the global market and changing the world. As the leader in the intelligent service robot industry, we are the only company, which successfully commercialized humanoid robotic products for consumers, in the world.
Our mission is to bring a robot into every home, and truly integrate intelligent robots into the daily lives of everyone creating a more intelligent way of life.
The UBTECH North America Research and Development Center is the key business unit and R&D center of defining and creating the next-generation robotic products. We push the boundary of R&D of service robot industry and create game-changing robotic products which fundamentally influence the human and robot society.
Location: Pasadena, Greater Los Angeles Area, CA.