Data is part of every role, from the CEO to the Custodians and without data, each roles value will deteriorate. Trusting the data that drives these roles and the reporting and decisions within them are critical component for success, therefor, data is a company asset. Data Assets require management similar to other business assets; Finance, Human Resources, Real Estate, inventory and many more. The Data Quality Engineer plays a critical role in the management of Data’s quality. This Intern role will work with the Data Enablement team and the business to define policies, standards and rules to be applied to data elements, (a single data point like “color”, “price”, “location”). With these policies, standards and rules in place, quality can be identified, measured and improved, this is an iterative process and these quality rules are then applied at creation, as it moves and is used. This intern will execute quality framework and methodologies providing visibility through reports and dashboards while partnering with a Data Quality Engineer.
This internship will start in May/June 2022 through August 2022 and will work in our office in Kimberly, Wisconsin or Remote.
- Ability to create data quality rules from a business requirements document
- Ability to quickly learn and execute to improve data quality; artifacts, documentation, standards and procedures making data simple for our customers
- Communicate data concepts successfully
- Self-motivated; ability to work as part of a Data Quality and Data Enablement teams
- Ability to provide timely feedback.
- Accountable to deliver on a data program and drive value to our customers
- Accountable for data quality, awareness and performance levels
- Operations of the data enablement tools
- Create and reuse data rules
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of individual metrics used to construct data quality dashboards
- An entry level plus in data profiling and quality assessments across all Data Domains and Divisions
- Ensure metrics span your actions
- Data issue and problem tracking
- Nearing completion of a degree in quantitatively oriented disciplines, including STEM; (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Economics, Statistics, Business, Finance etc.
- Completed classes in Computer programing, Databases, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, general business with a interest the data that drive value.
- Demonstration of appropriate business acumen and G.P.A. of 3.0 or greater.
- Skills, Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, good SQL Coding skills, knowledge of Power BI or Tableau.
- A passion for data that drives business!