Private Equity Summer Analyst
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007, TZP Group (“TZP”) is a private equity firm focused on investments in lower middle market consumer and business services companies. Our team includes over 40 professionals based in New York. The firm has raised approximately $2.0 billion since inception, with three active funds and one of the first Impact investing strategies for the lower middle market. TZP also operates a blank check company (also known as a SPAC), TZP Strategies Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:TZPS).
TZP has three pillars of differentiation: (i) acting as a Partner of Choice for entrepreneurial owners and management teams; (ii) managing the firm as a Company, Not a Deal Shop, making TZP a better owner and a more effective operations advisor; and (iii) establishing the TZP platform with proprietary, scaled capabilities and diverse strategies.
Overview and Responsibilities:
As a Summer Analyst you will be exposed to a broad set of experiences and opportunities to:
· Assist with the evaluation of potential investment opportunities
· Develop investment themes
· Create company and industry research
· Complete financial and operating projects and reporting for portfolio companies
· Accelerate your financial modeling and analysis skills
The Summer Analyst role is a paid position for undergraduates seeking a career in finance and investing. The position will provide both training and development in regards to evaluating investment opportunities as well as exposure to the internal processes of a private equity firm. Successful interns may be awarded a return offer as a full-time analyst post-graduation.
The Summer 2022 program is anticipated to be in-person at TZP’s New York office. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
TZP is a great cultural fit for you if you are a:
· Critical thinker, balanced with intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
· Collaborative teammate and natural networker
· Thoughtful, analytical thinker with strong quantitative skills
· Good communicator and someone who easily establishes rapport
· Leader who has demonstrated the ability to balance academic and extracurricular activities
· Proven independent and self-motivated professional, with experience managing to deadlines and working autonomously
· Anticipated graduation date in 2023
· Demonstrated academic excellence with a GPA of 3.5 or higher preferable
· Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Significant coursework completed in or experience with business, basic accounting, finance, and economic concepts
· Desire to pursue a career in finance and investments
· Completion of an internship in finance or a related field
· Ability to work remotely if required
· Unrestricted US Work Authorization required