Mission: at Triad Baptist Christian Academy it is our desire to assist and support the parent in laying a foundation that will help each child choose Christ as their personal savior, increase in academic knowledge with a Christian worldview, and develop talents according to his or her God-given potential. Primary Purpose: To carry out the mission of Triad Baptist Christian Academy by providing a classroom environment which promotes spiritual and academic growth; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge necessary for success in the class; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members; and to stay current with best practices in education which is relevant to the grade and/or subject being taught.
• Graduation from a college or university which is recognized by ACSI
• Hold an ACSI certification or be able to obtain one upon employment
• Agrees and signs TBCA Statement of Faith
• Must be an active member of a local church whose doctrinal beliefs and practices are in agreement with the TBCA Statement of Faith
• Children of school age must be enrolled in Triad Baptist Christian Academy Position
• Two years prior experience effectively teaching Upper School.
• Demonstrates the ability to motivate and engage all students
• Basic understanding of subject and able to communicate it to all students
• Proven to be an effective teacher
• Uses instructional time effectively throughout the entire class period
• Uses homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment or project work Supervisor: Director of Education
• Maintains a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by his/her example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students serving as a Christian role model.
• Conduct self in professional manner at all times. Conduct self in word, deed and attitude that are consistent with the current mission, philosophy and goals of the school.
• All information regarding staff, children and their families shall be kept strictly confidential.
• Maintains a professional image, a neat and well-groomed appearance; wears staff school badge.
• Report absences due to illness or emergencies to the Director of Education.
• Schedule vacation days in advance so that adequate back-up and supervision can be made available.
• Follow all policies and procedures of Triad Baptist Christian Academy
• Serve in the ministry as a team player striving for unity in spirit and action
• Speak with a united voice in support of final decisions made in the best interest of the school and its programming regardless of differences of opinion.
• Handle conflicts by prayerfully seeking a solution, speaking directly to others involved with understanding and mutual respect, not participating in gossip or public criticism of people, programs or policies.
• Maintains professional conduct and attitude when interacting with children, parents, coworkers, church staff, church membership, visitors and community at-large.
• Observes the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution. Avoids a negative, critical spirit. Takes problems to appropriate administrator as necessary.
• Obtain/Maintain ACSI certification
• Community CPR/First Aid certification
• Playground Safety Training
• Fire Safety Training
• Intruder Training
Essential Job Functions: Duties for the job include, but are not limited to:
• Promotes the spiritual aspect of TBCA by teaching from a biblical worldview that is evident in lesson planning and implementation, by encouraging students to have a personal relationship with Christ and encouraging a maturing of this relationship and by holding students accountable for Christian behaviors.
• Teaches grade level/ subject(s) assigned by the Director of Education utilizing a course of study as set forth in the Curriculum Guide of TBCA.
• Develops lesson plans, curriculum mapping and other curriculum materials as directed by Director of Education. Which are given to administration in a timely manner as directed.
• Uses a variety of instructional strategies, including inquiry, lecture, group discussion, discovery, group activities, etc.
• Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
• Obtain the Director of Education’s approval before using media, materials, or speakers which are outside the approved curriculum.
• Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
• Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the Academy’s testing program.
• Satisfies requirements to obtain and maintain ACSI certification.
• Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
• Participates in curriculum development and other professional committees for Academy accreditation.
• Evaluates students’ academic and spiritual growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports and report cards. Revised 6/18/20
• Completes paperwork including but not limited to the following: o Grade reports for permanent files o Eligibility reports for athletes o Inventories of classroom equipment/supplies/books o End of year evaluation form o Records of attendance o Scope and sequence development o Work necessary for ACSI & Advanced ED accreditation
• Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the Academy’s program. Submits appropriate paperwork to administration.
• Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive room décor; classroom and teacher’s belongings should be neat and maintained properly. Report maintenance issues to appropriate personnel.
• Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
• Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, harassment, and other offenses as stated in the employee handbook) to maintain a positive learning environment and adhere to state and federal laws as well as TBCA board policies.
• Attend and participate in the following: o Morning devotions o Teacher’s meetings o Evening programs o ACSI Convention o Other
• Arrives and departs at the stated times in TBCA’s teacher handbook unless time is approved in advance by Director of Education.
• Accepts responsibility for additional assigned duties by the respective administrator(s) for the operation of TBCA.
• Able to interact (stoop, bend, crouch, lift, hold) on child’s level
• Able to handle in a positive and productive way the stress, tension, noise, and interpersonal conflicts that can arise when dealing with both adults and children
• Able to physically and mentally react immediately to unexpected circumstances
• Able to stand on feet for long periods of time, as much as 95% of the shift
Inquiries regarding this employment opportunity may be directed to Melissa Myers, Office Manager, at email@example.com or (336)996-7573 x 139.