I. General Summary:
Provides in-house and/or on-site customer support in the areas of CAD, engineering, and customer support issues.
II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Design, develop and engineer applicable commodity.
B. Define product requirements.
C. Ensure the customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
D. Utilize lessons learned and continuous improvement activities to ensure robust designs.
E. Initiate DSRs for required design work.
F. Maintain engineering open issues.
G. Initiate, track, and maintain engineering discipline documents (DFMEA, DVP&R, BOM).
H. Initiate engineering changes through ECI system.
I. Execute initial engineering release and subsequent changes.
J. Support various team disciplines (PFMEA, APQP, DFA, DFM, DFE, craftsmanship, tooling, timing, sales, etc.)
K. Manage execution of FEA development.
L. Approve product quality, GD&T, gauge/fixture design and build.
M. Support analysis of dimensional data and corrective action for product concerns.
N. Support resolution of build issues.
O. Participate in weekly design reviews.
P. Provide launch support, including onsite at customer manufacturing locations.
Q. Initiate, support, and participate in VA/VE initiatives.
III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or technical field required, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
· Entry to four (4) years of relevant experience.
· Experience in Toyota systems and terminology is a plus.
· Strong multitasking and organization skills.
· Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Effective time management skills.
· Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Powerpoint.
· Proficient in UG NX / Catia 5.
IV. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
V. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.