The District Regional Health & Wellbeing Consultant provides assistance and support to school districts on the implementation of the CDC’s school-based COVID-19 guidance, as well as coordinating with school districts to increase school-based supports for students. This includes coordination on improving physical education, physical activity, and healthy eating, along with providing statewide support on the management of students with chronic health conditions while practicing social distancing measures. The district regional consultant will provide support to school districts with high risk and vulnerable populations. The district regional consultant is responsible for carrying out the evaluation requirements specified in the evaluation plan.
- Develop and support execution of partnership plans with districts aimed at improving systems and structures for school-based supports for the physical and mental health of students.
- Partner with local health and educational stakeholders, both virtually and in person, by supporting decision- making to districts in developing, revising, coordinating, and implementing plans to maintain the health and safety of students, teachers, and staff aligned to the CDC’s school-based COVID-19 guidance.
- Provide regional training and workshop opportunities to district leaders to support professional learning and networking.
- Collaborate with other divisions in the department to ensure coherent support and engage in collaborative learning.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and provide assistance through quarterly regional meetings and virtual communications on the implementation of the CDC’s school-based COVID-19 guidance.
- Develop and conduct a landscape analysis on needs around PE/PA, healthy eating, and the management of chronic health conditions for districts across the state and those with significant vulnerable populations to inform supports.
- Provide information for the management of chronic health conditions, physical education, physical activity, and health eating through monthly newsletters.
- Collaborate and engage with local health departments and other local organizations to mitigate risks for vulnerable populations.
- Collaborate with Centers of Regional Excellence and Coordinated School Health staff at the Tennessee Department of Education to report lessons learned from the ground and to provide additional context for state response.
- Provide videos demonstrating proper social distancing during PE classes, physical activity in the classroom, and healthy eating.
- Provide videos demonstrating the management of chronic health conditions in conjunction with the CDC 1801 grant evaluator, Focused Fitness.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to provide support for districts and schools to increase the capacity to implement, sustain, and improve effective mental health services.
· Master’s degree (preferred)
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field, i.e. education, health
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Experience leading and managing projects and/or teams at the school or district level
· Demonstrated success in building strong internal and external relationships to coordinate partnership opportunities between district/school leaders and local stakeholders
· Strong organizational skills, project management experience and a track record of achieving milestones
· Grants management– tracking deliverables, assuring compliance, timely reporting
· Experience in writing and delivering high-impact presentations and training modules—both in-person and over virtual platforms
· Experience coaching others for improvement
· Data collection and interpretation skills
Knowledge and Skills:
· Deep working knowledge of Tennessee Department of Education’s Best for All Strategy
· Deep working knowledge of trauma informed and ACES (preferred)
· Ability to articulate the role health and mental health have in academic achievement
· Ability to recognize and suggest appropriate strategies for engaging students and staff according to school-based CDC COVID-19 guidance and state/local health regulations
· Ability to use coaching to assist district and school leaders in implementing school-based CDC COVID-19 guidance
· Ability to generate research-based, action-oriented recommendations for school and district leaders
· Ability to facilitate cross team collaborations within the department and with local stakeholders