Hi there! This job opportunity is part of The DEI Collective, Summer 2022
What is The DEI Collective?
It’s an initiative launched at Johns Hopkins for students to get summer internships at companies who are committed to improving access to students from underrepresented communities.
Some things to keep in mind:
- TAILOR YOUR RESUME FOR THIS ROLE: Companies will be selecting your resume based on how well it aligns to this job description. (It’s the #1 feedback we get from them – if it’s not immediately obvious how your experience/background is right for the role, it’s likely you’ll get overlooked.)
- SHARE YOUR STORY: Submit a brief story that shares your interest in the DEI Collective and/or how your experiences reflect your commitment to diversity through one or more of the following attributes: first generation status, limited income, racial minority, LGBTQ+, international/national origin or disability/differently abled. Please submit this to the job posting in addition to your resume – you can attach it as an additional document and reuse it for each company and job you apply for. NOTE: Your story should not exceed one paragraph and please include your name, phone number, and email. Companies will skip your resume without this component.
- KNOW YOUR DEADLINE: The deadline for you to apply to this job (and this program) is 11:55 pm on November 14th, no exceptions!
- MAKE IT EASY FOR US TO CONTACT YOU: Please be sure your email notifications from Handshake are enabled. You will be receiving notifications about interviews directly from Handshake.
- ATTEND THE ORIENTATION!: You’re encouraged to attend the DEI Collective Student Orientation. Last year, 88% of student attendees for our prep. sessions got at least 1 interview offer compared to the overall interview selection rate of 16%.
By submitting your resume, you agree:
- To let us share your resume outside the bounds of this event with companies who are hiring talent from JHU.
- You’re available for one or multiple 30-minute interviews between 9 am- 5pm Tuesday Jan 18 through Friday, Jan 21. (We send interview notifications out around December 10.)
- To attend interviews that you have scheduled with employers. Failure to do so will result in expulsion from the DEI Collective process and removal from all other company interviews.
- If you accept an internship offer with a DEI Collective company, you agree to follow through on your commitment to them. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility from LDL summer grants and future Hire Hopkins hiring initiatives.
Any questions? Reach out to us at: email@example.com.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo. We are now looking for talented individuals to join us in 2022 – people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with TikTok.
Internships at TikTok aim to provide students the chance to work with our clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA. This Internship Program is for 12 weeks duration beginning in May or June 2022. Hourly pay will vary ($15-45/hr) for the 40 hours a week depending on job family. Those needing to relocate will also receive a housing allowance in addition to base pay (included in hourly pay)
About the Team:
The Organizational Development (OD) Team is responsible for identifying the root cause of organizational issues and delivering custom solutions to our internal clients. As a Center of Expertise (CoE), this group supports all teams across the company with organizational structure, workforce planning, organization diagnostics, job family architecture projects and other works that enhance better resource allocation and organization health.
– Support the design and implementation of effective tools and resources to enhance OD knowledge and capabilities across the business.
– Develop foundational resources and org benchmarking best practices to initiate org research capabilities for our regional team.
– Support development, delivery, and analysis of employee engagement pulse surveys and collaborate with business leadership to execute regional action plans, as needed.
– Provide regional OD support on ad hoc projects and process improvement (workforce planning, org design, data analytics, etc.) as needed.
– Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or a related field .
– Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship.
– Able to commit to working for 12 weeks during Summer 2022.
– Strong interpersonal skills; a team player and great communicator with a passion for building sustainable human capital programs for high-growth organizations.
– Highly familiar with project management principles. Comfortable with developing and executing a project plan.
– Demonstrated understanding of Design Thinking Principles, Change Management, and/or Organizational Design.
– Proven ability to develop sound research methodologies and collect, synthesize, analyze, and interpret data.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.