The Desi Bride is a one stop platform for couples planning South Asian weddings to learn about and curate the best vendors with price transparency. The goal of the platform is to help customers in their wedding planning process and make the process a tidbit easier. The MVP is primed to launch in the coming weeks.
We are looking for a product development intern who is excited about building a B2C startup. You will work alongside the CEO to design, develop and test new features and applications. The CEO is a Northwestern University (Kellogg) MBA, class of 2017.
We are interested in software engineers with a passion for quick iteration, a high ownership bias, a discerning eye for design, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
· Write well designed and testable code by using best software development practices
· Create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices, integrating data from various back-end services and databases
· Define technical specifications and create and maintain software documentation
· Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
· Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations
· Provide design inputs to the CEO to improve customer experience
· (Ongoing) BS in computer science or a related field
· Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
· Familiarity with PHP, web application development and knowledge of relational database systems; working experience in web programming is a big plus
· Knowledge of social media platforms and familiarity with search/web analysis tools
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SEO solutions
· Superb organizational skills and able to adapt to fast-moving business requirements
· Ability to work remotely and communicate positively and respectfully with others
What will you NOT do?
· You will NOT be confined to your “job”. You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do
· You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
Work authorization required (candidate must have authorization to work in the United States)
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and an explanation of why you are interested in this opportunity