We are The NPD Group, Inc., one of the world’s leading data providers and market research companies, and we are seeking a passionate, dynamic and highly motivated individual looking for an opportunity to work closely with Hedge Fund, Private Equity and Investment Management clients. Is that you? The data-driven analytics and insights you will provide will guide the strategic investment decisions of your clients. You will be your clients’ point person for day-to-day interaction with NPD, and your response to and anticipation of client needs will be instrumental to their investment process.
For the right candidate, we are open to the position’s location, but highly prefer the candidate to be located in Port Washington, NY. Occasional travel may be required.
- Own a portfolio of accounts to which you will build and manage strategic account plans
- Deepen and broaden NPD’s relationship with each client
- Enhance NPD’s connection with Financial Services clients through day-to-day servicing and relationship building
- Grow a portfolio of accounts based on revenue and value, recognize and explore opportunities for additional services or projects
- Expand the client base to include a broader mix of end users
- Prepare analysis, insights and recommendations to clients in order to assist them with their investment analysis
- Design, prepare and deliver concise, actionable presentations and be able to present them to investment analysts and portfolio managers
- Support the management team of Financial Services.
- Collaborate internally with Thought Leadership, Sales, Operations, Finance and other groups as needed for effective servicing of accounts
- Manage and track multiple projects from initial request through completion
- Leverage multiple sources of information including industry knowledge, third party data sources and NPD information to deliver actionable insights to clients
- Independently seek out resources within the clients and at NPD to help resolve issues
- Build knowledge of the financial services industry and your client’s business
- 4+ years of experience in client service/account management, retail, market research or sales
- Proven success in delivering analysis and insights to drive fact-based decision making
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights using multiple data sources
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to senior audiences
- Experience with building and maintaining relationships
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Expert in all MS Office products (Strong Excel).
- BA/BS or equivalent.
- Travel – 10%-20%, with a focus in the NYC area
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.