Under the supervision of the team coordinators and Program Specialist, the Part Time Intern is responsible for the direct care, ABA therapy of students in the classroom and/or residence. This includes knowledge and implementation of students’ clinical, educational, vocational, and daily living skills objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge and competent implementation of all student educational programs and behavior management guidelines.
- Ensure all students’ safety and implement all safety procedures
- Record and compile all necessary behavioral and educational research data accurately and in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Collaborate with various departments (Speech and Language, Adapted Physical Education, Occupational Therapy, Vocational, Academics etc.) and participate in running established programs for all students in these domains.
Training and Professional Development
- Successful completion of NECC trainings associated with initial employment and ongoing refreshers
- Punctual and competent completion of all team assignments.
- Successful use of the NECC team communication system, both as sender and receiver of information (both email and team book communication)
- If applicable, assist with residential duties/chores including laundry, cleaning, dishes, cooking, etc. in conjunction with students’ ADLs and to ensure general maintenance of residential homes
All teaching positions at NECC include but are not limited to:
- Driving between the school and residence, and to other school-related trips and appointments
- The operation of household appliances and school equipment
- Implementation of all safety and emergency procedures.
- Active enrollment in college or university in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with special needs populations preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.