The National Law Review publishes legal news from the nation’s premier law firms, law schools, regulatory agencies, and our own journalists and we also cross-promote several legal and other professional events per month. We are one of the highest volume legal websites in the United States.
We work with very large law firms, so you must have an incredible eye for detail and be a consummate professional.
We’re a website and you would be helping improve and continue to implement our business development and publishing systems in a remote working environment- so excellent computer and communication skills are non-negotiable.
Capacity to manage multiple concurrent projects and work well under pressure adapt quickly, to changing requests, have pride in your work and get along with others and communicate effectively in a remote working environment.
We publish around the clock, so we have some flexibility in scheduling but require a minimum of a three-day-a-week commitment and availability during core US business hours. The candidate will be learning how to publish news in a fast-paced environment, we require experience with SEO, Social Media, and creating formatting content for news websites.
Publishing Team – Website, Newsletter & Social Media Support:
- Upload, format, and classify content and edit photos, videos, and webpages for SEO and clarity.
- Review and edit other team members’ content for proper, SEO tagging and text and image formatting, legal and jurisdictional classification.
- Compose and manage social media posts to attract maximum exposure and conversion and engage and grow the NLR’s social media following.
- Be part of a rotating team that compiles, and test send daily subject area email newsletters.
- Work with other team members to further develop the website and add additional new features and products to enhance user experience and team workflow
Business Development Support / Marketing Partnership Management:
- Monitor and manage partnership agreements (conference & advertising) including tracking partners’ performance and NLR’s performance of contractual obligations.
- Ordering and maintaining an inventory of promotional supplies / Coordinate the distribution and shipment supplies to conferences.
- Locate and obtain and contact information for advertising and publishing clients and prospects.
- Business development & lead follow-up/qualification.
- Management of promotional materials and online media kit.
- Maintain and update contacts in a CRM and bulk email system.
- Generate ideas and ways to implement, streamline and improve the company’s processes.
- Attend legal marketing, SEO, and publishing professional association events to grow knowledge of legal marketing and content marketing, and SEO best practices.
- Be diligent in checking workflow, manage and communicate priorities and communicate progress on special projects in a multi-tasking environment
- Use and improve personal understanding of Google Search Console, Moz, SEMRush, and other similar tools for checking website health and SEO maximization.
The Impact You’ll Have:
- You’ll support our publishing and business development teams and learn leading-edge publishing, SEO, and social media skills along the way. We always hire with an eye for advancement, each member of our publishing and web management team started in a publishing support role.
- The day-to-day support you’ll provide our Business Development Manager directly adds to the company’s brand and bottom line.
Who You Are:
- Organized, self-motivated, decisive, and positive. Proactive communication skills, both written and oral with both team members and clients.
- Familiar with law firms, professional services companies, and business law concepts.
- The capacity to manage multiple concurrent projects and work well under pressure, adapt quickly to changing requests, work independently, have pride in your work, and get along with others.
- Have demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office, GSuite, Zoom, Slack photo editing software, and bulk emailing and CRM systems, preferably HubSpot.
- Knowledge of on-page and off-page SEO best practices, SemRush, Moz, dlvr.it and experience with WordPress and Drupal.
- Earned an undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, media studies or marketing.
Job Type: Part-time / Full Time During Core Business Hours Monday to Friday
Benefits for 25 hours per week+:
- Competitive hourly rate – opportunity to advance to a salaried position.
- Sick Leave + PTO Program
- QSEHRA (Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Account)
- Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer.