The Home for Little Wanderers/Wediko School are seeking a Classroom Teacher at their Windsor, New Hampshire campus. Located on 450 lakefront acres in New Hampshire, Wediko School is a residential treatment center offering therapeutic and educational services for middle and high school-aged boys experiencing significant social-emotional, behavioral, and academic challenges.
There is a $3000 bonus available with this position.
The classroom teacher is responsible for overseeing all aspects of instruction and classroom management within assigned classes. Classroom teachers are responsible for planning instruction and monitoring/reporting on student progress. Classroom teachers work closely with assistant teachers and other school personnel to model positive behavior within the school and milieu environment. In addition, classroom teachers are responsible for creating and supporting structures that maintain safety and facilitate student learning.
- Plan and lead classroom and tutorial instruction
- Create an environment where standards for classroom behavior are clear and consistent
- Establish and model positive/appropriate working relationships with students
- Integrate technology into appropriate aspects of the students’ academic program
- Provide a nurturing, safe, and consistent environment for students in dorm setting (direct care)
- Be available to lead group transitions or assist in leading the group transitions
- Provide consistent structures during breakfast and lunchtime routines
Monitor Student Progress
- Provide students with prompt and meaningful feedback on their work
- Record timely and accurate data on the student/parent portal
- Complete and provide unit plans and student portfolios to administration in accordance with deadlines
- Take a supervisory role in weekly classroom meetings
- Provide support and feedback to assistant teachers
- Complete paper work consistently, professionally, and in a timely manner
- Respond appropriately to supervisory requests and expectations for performance of job-related activities
- Support and help members of school and dorm teams
- Maintain licensure
- Work with content area consultants to ensure compliance with licensure regulations in specific content areas and gain the expertise required to deliver content area instruction
- Seek outside resources (e.g. workshops, professional seminars, continuing education)
- Actively engage in supervision and teacher academy
- Bachelor’s degree in an education or human service field of study with NH licensure in a subject content area
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Satisfactory completion of CPI Training required
- Preferred driving record that allows for the transportation of students in Wediko vehicles.
The position requires the ability to walk the rugged terrain of the NH campus, an active wooded setting. The ability to bend, hold and lift is also required.